A limework of geniusness that constitutes a collaboration between two of Liberty's ladies. This is our experience.
This is our journal. These are our
recipes, crafts, activities, ideas, thoughts, exercises and laughs. Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Famous Henry Wheat Bread

Hi everyone!  So, I told my husband that I would be the mud-blood to let this recipe be known.  See, it has run through his family for quite and while and I have never been to his family's house or any of his siblings homes without being offered some of this delicious homemade bread. The first time my husband and I made this together his dad tried to give us instructions over the phone: "just add three glubs of oil..."  Well, that wasn't working out for us too well so here is the actual recipe.

Homemade Wheat Bread

Mix:
5 cups hot tap water
1 cup white flour
1-4 cups wheat flour
1/2 cup oil (I use canola)
3 tablespoons of yeast
1/2 cup of honey or sugar (I prefer honey)
Let sit for 10 minutes after mixing.
Add:
1/2 cup gluten (the best deal is in the food storage section at the grocery store)
1 1/2 Tbsp salt
8-12 cups wheat flour
Mix 10 minutes and let rise 10 minutes
Mix and put into greased pans (I usually have to use 4 or 5 bread pans) My husband says to make sure and "spank" the dough before you put it into the pan.  Let rise 15-20 minutes.
Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

* we just use a stable mixer with the dough hook the whole time.

After you take the bread out of the oven, immediately transfer the loaves to a cooling rack, or if you don't have one you can use a dish towel.  Otherwise the bread will "sweat" in the pans and you will end up with nice soggy bread.  Yum Yum!  Makes the best PB&J sandwich.

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog Lovely Ladies! Can't wait to be adventureous enough to try out this wheat bread.

    ReplyDelete